Monday, June 7, 2010

think.

day 4 after my surgery. my knee is still somewhat swollen and motion is restricted. hurts when excessive pressure is placed on knee, so crutches are required for long distances. right leg seems somewhat longer than left, maybe due to the overstretched ligaments. much improved over day 0. apart from hurting so bad when i stood up, the back of my left hand got bruised from the drip needle soo bad. felt like shit, dressed like a gay lying on a bed in the day surgery ward waiting a whole afternoon for my doctor to see me. its still awhile to the end of my mc on 27th June, which is bloody short!

have been making good use of my time reading the newspaper from cover to cover. been reading it hard, read almost all the articles in all the sections except sport and classifieds. which is good. i feel a little smarter than the day before. set myself to the economist as well, and its the first time in a long while since i managed to finish an issue before the next appeared. i started reading books again. now im doing means' political islam in south east asia which is awesome. everyone who is interested in seasia should read it to get some background on transmission of religion in this region and how at one time or another the leaders of malaysia and indonesia have used and abused support from the religious quarter and how saudi arabia has been building and supporting schools that propagate its school of thought over the mishmash mixed version with Adat that seasias been all about. i regret reading it only after my interview. damns.

with whatever time i have left i have been watching television. which is good. reliving my childhood as i watch serials at all the odd timings in the day. like wolaiye is on at 11am! haha it was one of my favorite tcs serials when i was small. LOL. got in touch with my other side watching ellen degeneres. haha she is entertaining when you are bored. although a little repetitive at times. and i dont agree with her providing help to needy viewers bullcrap i think it creates the luck and handout mentality. ive got my evenings lined up. will watch whatever is nice from 8-9, usually variety shows, the noose, buffetlicious, whatever, and 9-10 i will watch cable from taiwan, which is good, and 10-11 i will watch that chU drama. havent applied myself to chU hongky dramas in a long time, but i enjoyed the past few episodes last week.

i think they missed me in camp. but this time around i made sure that i settled the stuff as best as i can. the only things i didnt do would be to bring the entrenchment tool and groundsheets up cos 4 stores is damn no deal, and climbing is difficult and i get scared when i am alone in the 42 men bunk and i have to run down cos im scared and i might trip and fall on my bad knee and i would be sweaty and have to shower cos i need to feel clean and all of this sucks cock. the stores are amazingly neat and i have given notice to whoever interested on whatever needed replacement. neat, except that the replacement would come in long later.

cant be bothered too much about those faggots. theres neither carrot for hard work nor stick for not working. and welfare is so arbitrarily given i enjoy it too even though im already enjoying the air of freedom in my house. it depends on what position you take, but i like to be alone even if the milieu of camp might be interesting, and i like the safety and serenity of my place. for now, when my neighbor hasnt started rebuilding his house, that is.

ok, time for more reading.

No comments: