Monday, October 22, 2007

Ethiopia Denied: On Don's Major Screw Up

"Life is Tough" - Apocryphal, or was it Lenny or yiheng

The sky was overcast as I came to school. It poured yesterday night, a bad omen. I knew the heavens were crying for me, but i decided to be a man and brave the bullshit and take whatever was wanking my way.

even before i stepped into A72, i already knew within me that this day would be a shit day, a day where i would get owned, owned like never before.

the fenian came and soon the papers were distributed. of course we should analyze the papers in chronological order so that my mood can be tracked properly.

Econs. got back case study first, 16/30. i just slumped back into my seat and nearly died. 16/30, my dears, is not even a flying B. and i need a B to secure my econs h3. my happinessometer took a beating. then i got back part b, which was 32/50 i think. added together, a just nice B. a nice, motherfking B. i was relieved, but certainly not happy. relieved because i can keep my econs h3, not happy because seriously i can do much better, esp when so many prcs got within my range. which is really disappointing.

Physics was totally fucked. 82/120, just missed A by a bit. add to my CT and i get 69.0 exact. which is serious, serious shit. fuck i lost an A, just like that. life sucks. this happened last year for geog n ss, 79? fuck man. and i was quite confident that i would do ok for this paper.

turns out i was wrong. every single definition question was wrong. every motherfucking single one of them. add to that a misunderstanding of the two planets, the hopping idiot and the alcoholic question, i just got raped, real bad. i was limp as i left.

at this point my ego was shattered. fuck. its the signal of something new. im going to get raped over and over again. no more As. im dying. i felt like shit as i looked at the paper. and people around me were getting 90++. subsequently i hears liqian fullmarksed it true to his 4pstyle and i nearly died.

i furiously calculated over and got zhenan to help me look for addition errors but there were none to be found. by this time i contemplated flinging my deserving self off of the 7th floor onto the cold hard compressed bricks that made up the driveway below. i really don't deserve to live. but im too wuss to jump.

as the jump sequence kept playing in my mind like a windows movie maker storeyboard. they gave out the math paper. by now even an 83 for math didnt bother me. i wasnt even bothered that i only actually got 2 questions wrong and the rest of the deductions came from bad workings. naah fuck i didnt care. my mind was filled with the debacle that was physics.

i sat, i stared, i stared harder. by now the pheeling from the phailure that was physics was phading away. at least i secured an A, a cheap, loserish, lousy, disappointing, imbecilic, puerile A, but an A, at the very least. BBA. thats alright. chill man. but the real don in me was like, fuck u bastard why r u so stupid im going to abandon u even if that means i die. all this while i thumb at my physics paper.

general paper. i prepared for the worst. my essay sucked and i knew that. the points were feeble. my aq, hopeless. the fillers, all crap. but when he returned the first paper, i was honestly, pleasantly surprised. 38/50. naah please, it is not that good, but i was surprised. bewildered. fuck i left the classroom feeling like a total loser man, i still remembered. something is wrong.

paper ii. 41.5/50. fuck hows that. seriously, i was quite happy with gp. its the only recourse i had for the whole of today. 79.5. this is the only thing worth celebrating for. and i hope to get on the deans list, and im praying that i can see a 100%ile this time. praying damn hard. of course the less than devout me, most probably wont see my wish come true.

chem. by now i have ABBA. quite gay, i know. but i thought i was going to have them rearranged and get A BABE. so E for chem. i was resigned to fate. mcq was a nice 13/25. i thought i was on track. 52%, dickies!

by this point i had grown numb to the physics phuckup. theres more to life than physics, man. theres also more to life than chem. at most study at nus, or go to some mickey mouse university in florida!

but quite luckily, overall for chem i scraped a B, 61.5. i felt nothing, neither happy nor sad. indifference set in.

so i assembled BABAB, my best effort. i felt like a pussy. the kind that produces furballs and get kicked around. AAAAB to BABAB. is a huge drop. i deteriorated. i got pwned by prcs. Many prcs. now this is not right. life is tough.

im sad, that i want to die.

ABABA was just 1 motherfucking mark away. and i couldnt get it. i couldnt even get to ethiopia. but im going to listen to bob marley.

No comments: