Saturday, October 27, 2007

was I awake at 2am or did I make my bed?

freudian psychoanalysis and zhuangzi's butterfly dream have always intrigued me a lot.

well i forgot to record my dream.

I woke up at 2am and found myself sleeping on my bolster normal to my usual position. now this is possible because my bed is roughly a square. sleeping in this position is weird, because I remembered that I had actually made my bed.

I remembered clearly that I had moved my doodlings onto my table and as I can remember the papers were not on my bed at 2am if I had remembered accurately. And if the papers were not on the bed there would be no reason for me to be on the bed in that awkward position.

I went to the toilet and I checked the time. It was 2:10 when i went back to sleep. This time I orientated myself in the usual sleeping position and I found myself in this position when I woke up this morning.

Question is, was making my bed a figment of imagination, or my waking to pee a figment of imagination? Now I can never be sure of this.

No comments: