Thursday, January 8, 2009

call me Mr. Zhang

since don is enjoying his life in camp, and aaron and rj are going in soon, its time for me, a china boy who is super damn bored to post sth.. im currently sitting at my table in VS staff room.. and posting a blogpost. see? this is my job, a 65-dollar a day job. to sit there and stone. i hav been learning abt stocks, think gonna try my luck and my pathetic salary soon in the stock market. its not bad to be a teacher, i realized. maybe its because im not a full time yet. but i can leave anytime in the day i want and i can torture my sec1 and sec2 boys! they are so damn cute! and some of them are incredibly smart. i was teaching the sec1 boys how to do measurements and introduced the definition of one meter. (one of the student said we should always stick to the spelling of "metre" since VS is british school.) anyway, i was saying that one meter is defined as 1/299,xxx,xxxth of the speed of light in vacuum. then one boy stood up and asked why it should be in vacuum and the other answered that because the speed of light is slower in air as the air molecules will affect the transmission of light to a small extent. i was a bit impressed. maybe you think what s the big deal? it is the third boy's answer that shocked me! he questioned, "sir (i felt weird when ppl address me like that.), isn't light travels in form of photons? if so, why will it still be affected by air molecules?"

Dear GOD! a sec1 boy, who juz finished his psle, asked me a quantum question that i only learnt in JC! think Singapore will some other guy after YLQ alr. but im surprised to find one in a school with 247 cut-off.

ok, i got a class soon.. light and reflection. got to prepare some slides and videos.. enjoying my days, hope yours are nice as well..

P.S. the first thing i realised when someone called me Mr. Zhang is that it is the time for me to find Mrs. Zhang! haha, all the best!:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha yeah get a gf man! 65 bucks a day is not bad la. anyway your students are just too pro alr. future rjc material i must say...