Wednesday, January 28, 2009

H for Home

Mr Zhang has been busy these few days. Life without Internet is kind of cool. no talking to the orange blinking window on MSN, no poking and superpoking on facebook, no new year wishes and voting invitations on xiaonei, no posting on yellowsox. everything is back to the simplest form of life. i think my fingers have become numb from not typing for so long. haha.
anyway, my first chinese new year with my family in 5 years. i thought that a "no-longer-teenager" like me will not receive any ang bao any more and was also sort of regret for not flying back every year to collect all the "ya sui qian". BUT seems god still left me some mercy and my family and friends still think that i am young, haha! got enough money to buy my own camera and to start my own saving scheme for my wedding, car and house. a long journey, hopefully can get married by 30. heehee
anyway, harbin is not as cold as i thought. seems that all the firecrakers and fireworks have indeed raise the temperature. the night of chu xi (cny eve), the sound of firecrackers did not stop at all that my family hardly sleep. its kinda noise that u cannot even watch TV because your max volume seems mute at that moment. my father is always a fan of the crackers, he believes deeply in all the chasing away evil spirits and lead to a bright prosperous new year. so, he got a 100,000-crackers pack and brought to my grandparents' house. 2330 the eve of new year, i stood in -25 and lit the crackers. it last almost 15 minutes. i could imagine what don and the army boys were feeling during shooting or combat. i almost lost my hearing ability.
then we lit two giant fireworks. talking abt it, my mother always say "stupid people will buy and lit fireworks, only the smart ones will stay at home and watch." true huh? it was cold outside, it cost money to buy fireworks, but when u use it, everyone in the neighbourhood or even blocks away can enjoy it. "public good"?? haha! maybe it can be a better example than street lights.
actually i still got some more emo stuff to post about my outing back in singapore and the reunion dinner at home. but gotta go now, visiting starts soon.

万事如意
平 和
安 谐
接 迎
来 进
全 满
家 门
福 财

use the "chun lian" outside my house as the end of this post. wish everyone a happy new year.

No comments: