Tuesday, April 28, 2009

just like a star

i have been thinking of an english name for myself although i did not know why on earth i needed one. some have suggested that i need one because the brits will not be able to pronounce my name properly. after a few days, i may become "chinan", which is a good name since my name will be a reflection of my nationality.

thinking of the name was really a tough process. i remembered my first english name given by my english teacher in china was david. she told me the name is to give some handsome gentleman. so i was glad to be david for like a year or so.

then i changed to another class. the new english teacher apparently thought that david is too handsome a name for me. so i became oliver. i can't really remember the reason she gave when she changed my name. but i suspect now that she juz finish reading oliver twist and felt the urge to name someone oliver.

well, after i came to singapore. i thought of changing my name again since neither david nor oliver is a name that i was fond of. and at that time, i was just simply devoted to my beloved school, VS. so i was sure that i needed a name that starts with V. therefore, i became vincent for like, what, a month? before i knew a better school called RI. LOL..

anyway, this time, i am serious. i have been thinking for a long time. but still have not decided which one to pick. i always want a name that sounds good, looks good and actually fits me. but the more i search, the more i realise how little i know about myself. i think zhenan is the only adj i knew to describe myself.

fuck it.

No comments: