Sunday, October 31, 2010

procrastination

i have been putting things that i can and should do now for later. it is already a habit. it does not just screw my life up in the long run, it makes me sad too. i took 3 whole weeks from receipt of the email from vital to get together all my receipts and statements and get them all scanned over. that is really really long, considering that i was actually home for most of the period, and not really a real soldier like aaron mentioned.

today i was supposed to study french, but the whole morning i somehow could not pull myself together. i did nothing. except read the newspapers, which probably benefited me because i laughed at the comics, but only in the very short run. i started studying after lunch, but gave up about 1 hour ago after i forgot a few prepositions. i hate french grammar. i know i should be working harder at it, but i have been too much of a pussy to have any determination. i am not one to suffer hardship, and my ns life is the hallmark of this. i think i need to see a shrink to reorientate my mind. i am a human being, not a strawberry or whatever nonsense gen y is called in the cheena media.

i should be off the whole week, but i have a physio tomorrow and probably on thursday too. and on thursday i did not take off so that i can return to camp to celebrate the ord of my friends who were fitter than me according to the napfa test. i have the whole of tuesday and the whole of wednesday to study french. and i am going to study damn hard. i study better in the library. less distractions. so i will be going to the library to mug like a gay. like how i mugged in the few weeks before a levels. i was really on fire then, if my memory fails me not.

i will pass my french exams, i hope.

No comments: