Wednesday, August 4, 2010

riotous calm

it's an emptiness i feel nowadays. i just feel, bored. and unsatisfied. event though i should be- i am on mc, my french revision is going on course, i have been reading well, most recently plutarch's sparta and orwell's why i write and the economist.

i have somewhat brought a schedule into my life of free existence to prevent myself from veering off course and down a deep dark abyss. once i wake up to light i get out of bed, which is anytime between 7 and 9 am, depending on the need to piss, which depends on water consumption the night before. and whether i took wine. but i invariably wake up before 9 because i can rarely sleep through drilling. and the drilling really rocks the world around me.

with dispensation, i leave for bpp on foot, usually reach it before 10, but the library opens around 11. i say 11, because the librarians open the gates to the hordes of boliao people waiting outside between 1 and 8 min late, by my clock, which should not be too far off the +0800GMT. a little unacceptable la, but this isnt germany or la gare du nord.

before the library opens i will find myself some discreet location in kopitiam or macs to sit and read my stuff. my magazines and books, no french. because both places are usually quite empty i get away with not ordering anything with no one to bother me, except maybe the zealous cleaner who enjoys mopping below feet.

and when im in the library i plonk myself down on the round table and get down to the hard work that is french, until about 5pm. of course its not pure mugging lah. this is not PIMPing. i go on the prowl for hot legs and transclucent shirts on hot girls. they do not appear until after 2. they peak at about 4, for some reason. so in the morning i am least disturbed, with no one to share my table. the past few days a sec 2 nygh girl called j4z31 from class 203 has been sharing my table. not hot, but cute. a little too young though, lol. so i dont perv her la.

its apparent that productivity is far from 100%, but it cant be helped, and i think its a good effort since i have hardly even sat myself down to something so boring and annoyingly pedantic that i feel like feeding my mechanical pencil up my nose every hour or so. it doesnt help that vocabulary is about the assembly and maintenance of an ensemble at one's finger tips. i remember little and forget muchly, my brain built more like a sieve. only studying chemistry in the leadup to the a levels was even more unpleasant. i mean in the field of mugging. field camp and related shit is definitely worse la.

then i leave for home around five because the drilling would have ceased by then and the library is a freezer and i would be frozen through even though i have my jacket. and the library would be filled with neighborhooddelinquents apeing around and prc retirees (dunno how the heck they got pr) talking their chinaman shit. because the librarians dont have balls the place will be a zoo with all the animals on steroids. a few will stand out for being excited about the ginger stuck up their behinds. its just a circus.

once i get home i read the papers, i go online, i sign into msn and appreciate all conversation i can get. i also sign into facebook for my routine stalking. it takes quite a while to go through whole photoalbums you know. i indulge in linking to pages of friends of friends and then perving them. haha. depraved. then i go about and lie on the bed and appreciate the sturdiness of la planche which still holds steadfast despite being soaked and leaky in the past few massive roof leakages. i also read, but not a lot.

then its dinner time with my parents, then we watch whatever garbage comes on tv. like entertainment on 5 today. complete crap, except that katy perry was on it. makes you wonder whether ellen was this bad when she started out hosting. then my parents will get back to whatever was occupying them and i will be doing nothing of any value or much entertainment. so i blog and hope that time passes and i get tired so i will sleep. but usually i am not tired and i watch cable until about midnight and i sleep, snuggled in my nice comfy bed, happy.

No comments: